If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them by following the 'opt-out' links provided below or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Search Application service cannot be placed on your computer.
There are two (2) broad categories of cookies:
· First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer.
· Third party cookies, which are served by a third party. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics and advertising (including to target ads to you).
Cookies can remain on your computer for different periods of time. Some cookies are 'session cookies', meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the Search Application to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
· track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the Search Application and to track, manage and optimize your interactions with us;
· understand the total number of visitors to our websites and the types of internet browser and operating systems used by our visitors;
· monitor the performance of the Search Application and to continually improve them;
· customize and enhance your online experience by the serving advertisements to you based on your online interests; and
· enable Ask Help Apps and third-party advertising both on and off this Search Application, and evaluate the effectiveness of that advertising.
Types of cookies:
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with the Search Application can be classified into the following categories, namely essential Search Application cookies, functionality cookies, analytics and performance cookies and advertising cookies.
Information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties are set in the following:
Essential Cookies - these cookies are essential to provide you with the Search Application available through the Ask Help Apps Services and to use some of its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for would not be possible.
Functionality Cookies - Functionality cookies record information about certain choices you've made and allow us to tailor Search Application to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Search Application, we can provide you with our service as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
· Save your location preference if you have set your location on your homepage, if applicable, in order to receive a local weather forecast;
· Remember certain settings you have applied; and
· Store accessibility options.
Performance / Analytics Cookies - We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Search Application is accessed, used, or performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and improve the Search Application. For example, these cookies allow us to:
· Better understand our Search Application visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
· Test different design ideas for particular pages;
· Collect information about site visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
· Determine the number of unique users of the Search Application;
· Improve the Search Application by measuring any errors that occur; and
· Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
Amongst others, we use a third party called comScore to gather general information about how people use our Search Application for optimization and analytics. To find out more about comScore's privacy policies, please click here.
For Google Analytics, you can find our more details here.
You can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
Please also see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.
Advertising and Tracking Cookies - As you use our Search Application, you will notice featured advertising. We allow third party companies, including advertising companies and ad networks, to place cookies on our Search Application. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the web. Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you've seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you've last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
How to control or delete cookies:
If you want to limit certain third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links:
· Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com)
· Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
· Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices)
Please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies via the Ask Help Apps Services.